Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Home Chat issues going . . .

Two sisters who lived at Tennyson - Joyce Soden and her sister who who took the surname Truth after Joyce died sold these in the early 1970s. I bought these as they became available via Naomi Berry at her Saturday morning shop at Fernberg Road, Milton.
1932–1957 issues of  'home chat' magazine that was only available as a subscription.

My mother, Dulcie Marion Hansen died when I was 11 years old, I missed out on more stories from her as I grew up so, in part I filled in those times from these little weeklies - what she would have read and kept up with had she lived longer.
They can go now, I believe they should go to the Fashion Archives here in Bne?
No, the two authors have told me they don't have the funds to purchase - so who wants these?









No comments:

Post a Comment